Four Winds Recovery Center is pleased to announce that it has earned a Three-Year Accreditation from CARF for the following programs:
30/90 day Residential, OP/IOP.
Residential Treatment Admission Criteria:
- Appropriateness for admission is determined by substance abuse assessment completed no more than 30 days prior, completion of all screening tools, and an interview with intake coordinator.
- Must be adults age 18 and older. Must provide proof of residency along with proof of income.
- Individuals with previously diagnosed co-occurring mental health disorders must be stable with medications and able to be comfortable in a dormitory environment.
- Any individual taking appropriately prescribed medications must bring enough medication to last for 30 days.
- Any individual involved with probation/parole or other components of the legal system must sign and maintain a signed release of confidential information for the length of time in they are receiving treatment services.
Residential Treatment Referral Sources:
- Probation/parole, attorneys, public defenders office, CYFD, families, self, and other social service, medical or behavioral health providers.
Residential Treatment Program:
- All clients are assigned a primary counselor upon admission and a master treatment plan is started within 72 hours.
- All clients are given a TB by the RN who also does a blood draw for basic laboratory testing. Clients are seen by the FNP-C for a physical exam within five days of admission. Co-occurring clients are seen weekly by the prescribing psychologist for mental health diagnosis and/or medication management.
- The program uses an eclectic approach including the evidence-based practices of motivational interviewing, community reinforcement approach, and the 12-step model.
- Client support systems are actively engaged in the treatment process through weekly multi-family groups. Individual family sessions and conjoint sessions are provided on an as needed basis.
- Clients attend both in-house and outside 12-step meetings.
- Clients participate in peer support groups.
- Clients attend educational lectures and therapy groups as well as weekly gender specific therapy groups and art activities.
- Clients attend the Victim Impact Panel.
- Clients attend informational sessions on domestic violence that are presented by staff from Family Crisis Center.
- Clients are supported in actively engaging with Workforce Solutions job readiness and job seeking activities.
- Clients are given the opportunity to attend sweat lodge ceremonies at Totah Behavioral Health Authority-every other Friday for men and one time per month fro women.
- Discharge planning begins at admission and all clients are referred for ongoing care at the appropriate level of care as determined by individual needs.
Intensive Outpatient (IOP): IOP consists of three weekly three-hour groups and at least one individual session every two weeks for a minimum of 12 weeks.
IOP Admission Criteria:
- All individuals must meet American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria for this level of care.
IOP Referral Sources:
- The Four Winds Recovery Center residential program refers clients to IOP as a step down in levels of care when appropriate.
- Referrals are also accepted from probation/parole, attorneys, public defenders office, CYFD, families, self, and other social service, medical or behavioral health providers.
- Clients are assigned to the caseload of the IOP counselors.
- The IOP is based on the evidenced-based practice of the Matrix Model and is recognized as an approved co-occurring IOP provider by the State of New Mexico Department of Health Behavioral Health Services Division.
- Multi-family groups and prosocial activities are provided.
- Local 12-step groups present informational sessions.
- All referral sources are provided with weekly progress reports.
Outpatient Treatment (OP): OP consists of weekly 90 minute counseling sessions for a minimum of 24 weeks with individual sessions as needed.
OP Admission Criteria and Referral Sources:
- Only individuals who have completed residential treatment, IOP, or both at Four Winds Recovery Center are eligible for admission into OP.
- The OP program consists of weekly process groups utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy to support clients in their ongoing recovery and adjustment to life outside of treatment.